Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peter Pan take me to Neverland

This is my pan flute of cigars left before I get back to NZ [apart from the little Hoyos]. I'll make sure I actually review these as the last few I had were exquisite- Bolivar, La Gloria Cubana, and a couple of others (X- what were the ones I had with you?). Seeing as dinner happens so late here I got into the habit of having a cigar before the meal and with some kind of aperitif: Vermouth, Port, Wine. The only problem with this is that smoking on my own on an empty stomach I would get a bit dizzy near the end and with the Bolivar I felt pretty nauseous afterwards! Anyways, will keep you posted. By the way, will the U.S give me any hassles for bringing my cigars into their nation?

7 comments:

  1. Warm enough for just a t-shirt outside on the deck tonight with a glass...or two of port and this 2nd from the left in your photo. A favourite of mine. Good draw, velvet lining of the mouth and plenty of smoke with an even burn only dropping ash twice in it's 1hr duration.Just like the first one I had, the stand out taste for me is something of grains/nuts/toast. nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I had the one on the far left yesterday but basically nothing to report apart from it being a pleasant size/smoking time with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sam you had a Cuaba Divinos - must of been a good draw since you didn't mention it (mine was a wind tunnel) - did you taste the peanut butter early on?? or did coffee get in the way.

    and Joel's Diplomaticos no.4 - i must try one again i can't remember what the one i had tasted like! sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and with regards US just take the bands off the cigars before you get there, if anyone asks they are from nicaragua not cuba, no problems ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Cuaba intrigued me about the peanut butter taste so lit this one up tonight before dinner. Good pre-light draw, but once lit it took a good 10min before my cheeks were relaxed from sucking way to hard. The process of getting it to a nice draw took away the search for this peanut butter taste and sadly, I never experienced it. Best thing about the Cuaba was the smells as it burnt down. Worst was the tight draw at beginning and an overpowering acidic sensation on the tongue from start to finish. Mid section was the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a very Loose draw on my cuaba - only the first 5mn were enjoyable after that ... burnt the tongue.

    they are very variable in terms of construction apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As for diplomaticos i tried one on friday. Had it in little humidor + travelled with it in europe and i think it dried out along the way. Too dry, burnt too hot, not very tasty!

    Perhaps as well this is a cigar that is better smoked at slightly higher 70%ish humidity?

    ReplyDelete