Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clint meets Churchill

I thought I'd try my luck at two competitions with one cigar. Firstly, some Dirty Harry night-time bike repairs. A man's got to let off some steam after a day of police work.

Secondly, the pillar of ash. Romeo & Julieta Churchill. I think we did pretty well with the length here.

Cigar notes.
Draw- a good 8/10. Good for a cigar this size. Doesn't come of it's own accord but comfortable effort is required.
Size- Just right. Max limit on diameter for my taste. I enjoy giving it a good nibble and slobber to soften it up.
Ash retention- Prize-worthy.
Tastes- cinnamon/pepper and all things spice. Sweet/savoury kind of dance on the tongue. Wood fire oven. A hint of something Chinese but I can't figure out what. A green vegetable taste [eg. courgette, peppers] but not leafy, not grassy. Smooth.
Drink- Aberlour 10 y/o scotch. Very soft and dry with fruity aromas of early autumn (especially pear). The softness of the whisky was accentuated by the cigar. I had more whisky later- on its own and with chocolate- and it was much harsher. Perfect complement. The cigar made the whisky taste great.

The ash fell off eventually.
But let's not forget its former glory.



[Ed.: The facial expression reminds me more of this guy Aahnie than Clint...check it out!]




4 comments:

  1. hahaha! nice pictures. My what a big ash you have. First photo reminded me of the movie I watched last night, had Jason Statham in it. I best be getting onto a Churchill experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos sam.
    The facial expression reminds me more of this guy Aahnie than Clint. But Aahnie has bigger Mahn Breasts. Also I have Never, Ever seen Clint use a bicycle ;-)
    [pic added to post cos can't add to comment]

    You are definitely now ranked NUMERO UNO in the WINSTON CHURCHILL LIKES HIS ASH LONG AND STIFF competition. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! Landed in LA last night so will keep an eye out for Arnold! Although I saw in a British paper at Heathrow that he was visiting british troops and telling them that they are "the real action heroes", so I guess he's still overseas... By the looks of things, no one uses bicycles in California, so Clint may not be alone in this category. In the humedor department, I still have the big fat Hoyo de Monterrey and some littl'uns to get me through the US ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually Xav said:
    arnie came to nz to film something just before becoming governor a few years back, and i saw him interviewed on the news, saying randomly that a great thing about nz was that he could get cuban cigars here...
    he prob has a good stash under his desk.
    remember Dirty Harry operated in CA as well

    ReplyDelete