Monday, January 9, 2012

A Day on the Greens




Cruising with my 4-iron and our good friend R.A.S.S.


Hi-jacking Hindriksenors account, this is the first blog posting from 'The Little Siglo' (ironic twist on the word "little"). I contemplated and condensed my recent 18 holes into some short notes to follow.

Fearing the return of my dreaded 'slice', I look to my golf bag for the Ramon Allones Special Selected.

Pre lit draw: like the sock over my driver - snug, but not too tight. tastes of honeyed manuka chips and hand ground paprika

First third: even burn - much like the back of my legs after declining the offer of sunscreen, consistent flavours as depicted above

I aproach the ball full of confidence and with a steely grip, hammer the little sucker 230 meters down the fairway and onto the corner of the green.
As a stroll along in the rough heading towards a certain birdie opt, my palette contemplates the next stage.

Second third: introduction of  strong cocoa beans was increasingly present. Also, as the burn began heading off track, so was disobedient ash brought into line by an old friend - BIC

Putter now in hand and only 3 Meters until realising an amateur golfers dream...

Final pre victory draw followed by an exhale of short but sweet taste of Birdie glory.

Final third: Although the heat was steadily increasing on the draw, it released some pleasant herbal flavours (kind of like chewing the underside of a jandal that had seen the surface of freshly cut grass).

A kind comforter after a hidious slump to boggie.



1 comment:

  1. if you can hit that 4-iron with any consistency you're already deserving of praise. but nice review as well. especially the bit about the jandal on grass, my mind fully identified with that flavour as described, definitely one of the RASS characteristics!

    ReplyDelete