Monday, August 24, 2009

Hoyo de Monterrey - Epicure Especial

This is your Special Smoke for the batch - best after a good meal or a few drinks. In fact I suggest that you Aucklanders meet up for a game of poker to smoke these fellas.

An outstanding cigar, with a developing complexity that keeps surprising you until the very last draw. Rich earth and tobacco flavours slowly build to a pepper and spice climax. Wonderfully rich on the palate and just packed with amazing aromas. Aging will only improve this delightful habano. (Check out full reviews of this cigar in "HOW TO REVIEW A CIGAR" below)

Based on a Limited Edition that came out in 2004 and was wildly popular, this cigar was released in 2008 as a regular format.

1hr smoke? Drink match: You tell me, I haven't smoked one yet!
Size: "Gorditos" Length: 5 1/2" Ring Gauge: 49 (141mm x 19.84mm)
From a box dated Oct 08

Comment on this post with your own tasting review.

1 comment:

  1. Randomly came across a review of this cigar on the web - the overtly freudian imagery is refreshing!! Keen to smoke this on friday night;-)

    "Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial, cab of 10 stamped GAS JUN 08. Sonnet to a magnificent cigar! Like a bewitching woman in a silk sheath, she glistens in her smooth, oily, viso wrapper. Perfect in form, enticing my imagination and sparking my hopes. Her breath fills my mouth with aromas of sweet woods, peat, and clean earth. Suddenly, her sultry pepper teases at my lips, stings my tongue and nose repeatedly; each touch of her venom renewing my ecstasy. I lose all other sensation in this reverie, moving only to caress and offer my lips again to my beloved. She lingers long, and leaves me to despair in my triumph. Need a cab of 50 right now."

    ReplyDelete